Solar panels and solar systems generally require little to no maintenance. There are a variety of things solar owners can do to ensure their system works. Energyable Limited highlights 5 tips for owners to maximize their solar system to obtain the best possible output:
1. Use efficient solar panels – A panel’s efficiency is the percentage of energy hitting the panels which the photovoltaic cells actually convert into electricity. The most common efficient solar panels are built with 11 – 15% rating range. However, the most efficient solar panels have rates around 20% and slightly higher. Although the initial cost will likely be more expensive, buying one of the more efficient models is important if you want the best results.
2. Avoid installing solar panels in shaded areas – Solar panels generate electricity from sunlight. So ensure your panels are installed facing the sunlight directly. Consequently, the presence of shade on any of the solar panels would affect the production.
3. Regular panel cleaning – Dirt, debris, dust and animal droppings can all hinder performance of the panels. As a result, the dirt would reduce the amount of sunlight on the panels. You should have your panels cleaned with soapy water to keep them clean. This can be done at least twice a year.
4. Inverters inspection – Inverters should be properly maintained and kept free of dust and debris. They should also be kept away from extreme high temperatures. Inverters should also be installed in properly ventilated environments. Having the inverter filters and fans cleaned regularly can dramatically extend their functionality lifespan.
5. Install at the right orientation – By placing your solar panels in the correct orientation ensures your panels receive more sunlight. Your solar panels should be installed facing the South. The south-facing solar panel will get sunlight all day long and can receive sunlight for about 4 to 8 hours or more per day. This also depends on your geographical location and the number of sunshine hours available.
These are just 5 tips that can enhance or maximize your solar system. Other ways to improve your system’s productivity includes having a remote monitoring system amongst others. In conclusion, if you are looking at installing a solar system, Energyable Limited is well positioned and experienced. We would provide you with a solar system that would guaranty you maximum power reliability. Speak to us today and let us start you on a journey of power reliability and cost savings.